Day 4: Top Golf! By Sarah P and Sarah L

 Our day today we have been looking forward to all week. Top golf! Immediately upon arriving at school, after opening my car door, I was greeted with the perfect chilly weather. I entered the building, had my temperature taken, and began watching the videos Mr. Roddy was showing us famous golfers, and their caddies. (caddies are the people who carry their golf bags for them). It was super interesting to me, as I thought they carried their bags themselves (how silly of me). After 3 videos, we began to read and highlight our book, or should I say golf bible, “Ben Hogans 5 Lessons”. As exciting as I find literature, I actually found this book to be really helpful, and has already improved my swing after 3 chapters. Finally, it hit 11, and we could get our clubs and load the bus. I was so excited. After a 20-ish minute bus rice, the big TOP GOLF letters were finally visible. We walked up the stairs and were pointed to the second floor where we would be teeing off from. At first, we were worried, as it was quite nippy outside, but as soon as we stepped foot near the tee, we were glad to feel they were heated. Luckily, me and Jordan Chase got a station to ourselves, so we got more practice time. We used game mode, so the screens resembled a real golf course and we played as if it was an actual game. Unfortunately, Jordan has a tad (*significant) bit more experience than me, so he won by a few points (which is a funny way of saying he won every round by at least 3 hits). Anyways, they had a buffet set up for us, which was pretty good. Finally, after 2 long (but good) hours, it was time to head back to school. After our bus ride back, we put our clubs away, and are (well everyone else is) reading and annotating that golf bible I mentioned (I'm writing this blog). Well anyways, I'm learning a lot and having fun!


After going over the chapter we read in Ben Hogan's book (chapter 3, the backswing) Mr. Roddy demonstrated the techniques went over in the book. This was especially helpful because reading something and demonstrating it are two different ways of learning, and seeing the diagrams in the book being shown by Mr. Roddy in real time helped me get a better understanding of the tips in the book and correct backswing form. 


Afterwards, we presenting on our mini research topics we were given on Tuesday concerning golf terms and history. Topics included the origins of golf, history of Scotland and Women in Golf. We are both so excited to see what next week has in store for us!

Peace,

Sarah2


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 7 - Course Playing (Luke, Wyatt)

Day 5! Post Oak Hits the Links (Andreas and Andy)